Image Released in Aldershot Rape Investigation Police Appeal for Information

aldershot-media-appeal

Hampshire and Isle of Wight Constabulary have released an image of a man they wish to speak to as part of an investigation into a reported rape in Aldershot.

The incident is believed to have taken place between 9pm on 24 October 2023 and 1am on 25 October 2023, involving a woman in her 40s.The exact location of the attack remains unclear, but it is thought to have occurred somewhere within the Aldershot area.

Initial efforts to progress the investigation were unsuccessful, and the case was paused following a lack of further evidence. However, new lines of enquiry have since reopened the investigation, prompting the release of the image of a man officers wish to identify.

The man is described as an Asian male, approximately 6ft tall, of slim build, with black and grey beard and black hair.

The police are urging anyone who recognises the individual or has any relevant information about the incident to come forward.

Those with information can call 101, quoting reference number 44230436475. Reports can also be made online via this link.

Alternatively, information can be provided anonymously by calling Crimestoppers at 0800 555 111.

You may have missed

Body Found In Search For Missing Andover Man Aidan Bentham Police searching for missing 28-year-old Aidan Bentham from Andover have sadly discovered the body of a man. Officers confirmed the discovery was made this morning (24 May) following ongoing efforts to locate Aidan after he was reported missing earlier this week. Formal identification has not yet taken place, however Aidan’s family have been informed of the development. Hampshire & Isle of Wight Constabulary said a file will now be prepared for the coroner. The tragic update comes after police issued an urgent appeal on Friday amid growing concerns for Aidan’s welfare. In the original appeal, officers said Aidan had last been seen at around 4.30pm on Thursday 22 May. Police described him as being around 5ft 9ins tall, of a chubby build, with short dark hair, a fair complexion and clean shaven. At the time of his disappearance, he was believed to have been wearing a light-coloured top and tracksuit bottoms, although officers said he may since have changed clothing. The appeal prompted widespread sharing across social media as police and Aidan’s family appealed to the public for information which could help trace him. Following today’s discovery, Hampshire & Isle of Wight Constabulary thanked members of the public who shared the earlier appeal and assisted with enquiries during the search operation. The force has now requested that the missing person appeal be removed from public channels. No further details have currently been released.