Appeal for information after attempted burglary in Southampton

10-appeal-1080x700-990x642.jpg

Police are appealing for witnesses, or anyone who has any information, following an attempted burglary at a residential property in Southampton.

The incident occurred at around 3.30pm on Wednesday 17 November – when the occupant of a property on Burgess Road was disturbed by a repeated banging noise. Upon further investigation, it is suspected that someone was attempting to gain entry to the property by repeatedly kicking the door.

The victim shouted and disturbed two men, who then fled the scene onto Burgess Road towards the direction of the Avenue.

One man was described as being white, aged 35 to 45 years old, approximately 5ft 7ins tall, skinny build with short dark hair. He was seen wearing a dark blue jacket and light blue jeans.

While the other man was described as being white, approximately 5ft 10ins tall and a stocky build. He was seen wearing a black hooded coat and a black baseball cap.

Were you in the area at the time? Did you see what happened or see anyone acting suspiciously?

The incident took place on a busy Burgess Road so police are also asking any members of the public who may have dash-cam footage of the incident or the men fleeing the area to please contact us.

Anyone with information is asked to call 101, quoting 44210462170.

Alternatively, you can submit information to us online via this link https://www.hampshire.police.uk/tua/tell-us-about/cor/tell-us-about-existing-case-report/.

You may have missed

Body Found In Search For Missing Andover Man Aidan Bentham Police searching for missing 28-year-old Aidan Bentham from Andover have sadly discovered the body of a man. Officers confirmed the discovery was made this morning (24 May) following ongoing efforts to locate Aidan after he was reported missing earlier this week. Formal identification has not yet taken place, however Aidan’s family have been informed of the development. Hampshire & Isle of Wight Constabulary said a file will now be prepared for the coroner. The tragic update comes after police issued an urgent appeal on Friday amid growing concerns for Aidan’s welfare. In the original appeal, officers said Aidan had last been seen at around 4.30pm on Thursday 22 May. Police described him as being around 5ft 9ins tall, of a chubby build, with short dark hair, a fair complexion and clean shaven. At the time of his disappearance, he was believed to have been wearing a light-coloured top and tracksuit bottoms, although officers said he may since have changed clothing. The appeal prompted widespread sharing across social media as police and Aidan’s family appealed to the public for information which could help trace him. Following today’s discovery, Hampshire & Isle of Wight Constabulary thanked members of the public who shared the earlier appeal and assisted with enquiries during the search operation. The force has now requested that the missing person appeal be removed from public channels. No further details have currently been released.