Appeal for witnesses following fatal road traffic collision in Marchwood

10-appeal-1080x700-990x642.jpg

Police are appealing for witnesses and information following a fatal road traffic collision in the Marchwood area.

Officers were called just after 6.15am this morning (6 October), following reports of a three vehicle collision on the Marchwood Bypass in Totton.

A blue Mercedes Sprinter van was invo0lved in a collision with a black Honda motorcycle and a white Yamaha motorcycle on the A326 Bypass.

The drivers of both the motorcycles, a 38-year-old man from Gosport and a 49-year-old man from Southampton, sadly died at the scene.

Their next of kin have been informed and are being supported by specialist officers at this time.

A road closure has been put in place on the A326 Marchwood Bypass in both directions while officers begin to investigate the exact circumstances of the incident.

Police are keen to hear from anyone who may have been in the area at the time and saw what happened, or saw the three vehicles driving in the area prior to the collision.

In addition, if you have dash cam footage of the vehicles and/or the collision, please call us.

Any information you have, no matter how insignificant you feel it might be, could help aid our investigation.

Anyone with information is asked to call 101, quoting reference number 44210400737.

Alternatively, you can submit information online via this link https://www.hampshire.police.uk/tua/tell-us-about/cor/tell-us-about-existing-case-report/.

You may have missed

Body Found In Search For Missing Andover Man Aidan Bentham Police searching for missing 28-year-old Aidan Bentham from Andover have sadly discovered the body of a man. Officers confirmed the discovery was made this morning (24 May) following ongoing efforts to locate Aidan after he was reported missing earlier this week. Formal identification has not yet taken place, however Aidan’s family have been informed of the development. Hampshire & Isle of Wight Constabulary said a file will now be prepared for the coroner. The tragic update comes after police issued an urgent appeal on Friday amid growing concerns for Aidan’s welfare. In the original appeal, officers said Aidan had last been seen at around 4.30pm on Thursday 22 May. Police described him as being around 5ft 9ins tall, of a chubby build, with short dark hair, a fair complexion and clean shaven. At the time of his disappearance, he was believed to have been wearing a light-coloured top and tracksuit bottoms, although officers said he may since have changed clothing. The appeal prompted widespread sharing across social media as police and Aidan’s family appealed to the public for information which could help trace him. Following today’s discovery, Hampshire & Isle of Wight Constabulary thanked members of the public who shared the earlier appeal and assisted with enquiries during the search operation. The force has now requested that the missing person appeal be removed from public channels. No further details have currently been released.