Hampshire Incidents

Bringing you breaking news from across Hampshire and the Isle of Wight

Tumble dryer sparks Church Crookham house fire

Firefighters in the north of Hampshire were called out on Monday evening to a tumble dryer fire in Church Crookham


Crews from Fleet, Odiham and Rushmoor arrived at the property on Bechin Close at around 21:15, with the occupants already safely evacuated.

The tumble dryer, located in an outhouse, had caught alight causing damage to a nearby freezer, the front door and the soffits and facias at the front of the property.

The house itself suffered smoke damage as HIWFRS crews used four sets of breathing apparatus and two hose reel jets to stop the fire before clearing the smoke using ventilation fans.


The occupants had to be rehoused as the property was uninhabitable.


Firefighters conducted Safe & Well visits and community safety leaflet drops to neighbouring houses before leaving the scene after the stop message at 10:41pm.