Appeal for witnesses after attempted robbery in Basingstoke

10-appeal-1080x700-990x642.jpg

Police are appealing for information and witnesses following a report of an attempted robbery in Basingstoke last night (8 February)

 

At 7.15pm, a woman was approached by two men when she was walking her dog on the green area in between Braddock Court, Fullbrook Drive and Kingsclere Road.

 

One of the men tried to take the lead from her while the other suspect pushed the woman in the chest.

 

The woman was able to run off with her dog. The men returned to a vehicle and drove along Braddock Court and away from the scene.

 

No threats were made but the victim reported that she believed the men were trying to steal her dog.

 

The men involved have been described as being aged between 25 and 30.

 

The first suspect was around 6ft 2ins tall, had a slit in his left eyebrow and was wearing a black face covering.

 

He was wearing a black Adidas hoodie, black trousers with a white line down the side and black Nike Air trainers.

 

The second suspect was around 6ft tall and was wearing a black face covering, a plain black hoodie, black trousers and black shoes.

 

Basingstoke Neighbourhood Inspector Richard Lane said: “Although incidents like this are rare, we would like to reassure the local community that we are taking this report extremely seriously.

 

“We would like to remind dog walkers to remain vigilant and to report any suspicious behaviour to us.”

 

Officers have been carrying out enquiries but are now turning to the public for help.

 

Were you in the area during the time mentioned above? Did you witness any suspicious activity?

 

Do you have any CCTV images or dash-cam footage that could help our investigation?

 

Anyone with information is asked to contact 101 using the reference number 44220054861.

 

Alternatively, go online and submit information via this link: https://www.hampshire.police.uk/tua/tell-us-about/cor/tell-us-about-existing-case-report/.

 

 

You may have missed

Body Found In Search For Missing Andover Man Aidan Bentham Police searching for missing 28-year-old Aidan Bentham from Andover have sadly discovered the body of a man. Officers confirmed the discovery was made this morning (24 May) following ongoing efforts to locate Aidan after he was reported missing earlier this week. Formal identification has not yet taken place, however Aidan’s family have been informed of the development. Hampshire & Isle of Wight Constabulary said a file will now be prepared for the coroner. The tragic update comes after police issued an urgent appeal on Friday amid growing concerns for Aidan’s welfare. In the original appeal, officers said Aidan had last been seen at around 4.30pm on Thursday 22 May. Police described him as being around 5ft 9ins tall, of a chubby build, with short dark hair, a fair complexion and clean shaven. At the time of his disappearance, he was believed to have been wearing a light-coloured top and tracksuit bottoms, although officers said he may since have changed clothing. The appeal prompted widespread sharing across social media as police and Aidan’s family appealed to the public for information which could help trace him. Following today’s discovery, Hampshire & Isle of Wight Constabulary thanked members of the public who shared the earlier appeal and assisted with enquiries during the search operation. The force has now requested that the missing person appeal be removed from public channels. No further details have currently been released.