Appeal for Witnesses After Stabbing Near Busy School Time on Tangier Road, Portsmouth

IMG-20251108-WA0154

Police are appealing for information following a serious incident in Portsmouth

At approximately 3.35pm on Friday, November 7, officers were called to a report of a stabbing on Tangier Road, during a busy school leaving time when many children and families were in the area.

IMG 20251108 WA0160

Two men, aged 39 and 46, sustained injuries to their face and head.

20251107 164039

Police are keen to speak with anyone who witnessed the incident, or who may have been passing through the area at the time. They are particularly interested in any mobile phone footage, CCTV or dash cam recordings that may assist their investigation.

A 39-year-old man from Portsmouth has been arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm with intent.

A 46-year-old man from Portsmouth has been arrested on suspicion of affray.

A 44-year-old woman from Portsmouth has been arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender.

All three currently remain in police custody.

Anyone with information that could help with our enquiries is asked to contact police on 101, quoting reference 44250504348, or report online.

You can also submit information directly via: https://orlo.uk/1XvW0

You may have missed

Body Found In Search For Missing Andover Man Aidan Bentham Police searching for missing 28-year-old Aidan Bentham from Andover have sadly discovered the body of a man. Officers confirmed the discovery was made this morning (24 May) following ongoing efforts to locate Aidan after he was reported missing earlier this week. Formal identification has not yet taken place, however Aidan’s family have been informed of the development. Hampshire & Isle of Wight Constabulary said a file will now be prepared for the coroner. The tragic update comes after police issued an urgent appeal on Friday amid growing concerns for Aidan’s welfare. In the original appeal, officers said Aidan had last been seen at around 4.30pm on Thursday 22 May. Police described him as being around 5ft 9ins tall, of a chubby build, with short dark hair, a fair complexion and clean shaven. At the time of his disappearance, he was believed to have been wearing a light-coloured top and tracksuit bottoms, although officers said he may since have changed clothing. The appeal prompted widespread sharing across social media as police and Aidan’s family appealed to the public for information which could help trace him. Following today’s discovery, Hampshire & Isle of Wight Constabulary thanked members of the public who shared the earlier appeal and assisted with enquiries during the search operation. The force has now requested that the missing person appeal be removed from public channels. No further details have currently been released.