Hampshire Incidents

Bringing you breaking news from across Hampshire and the Isle of Wight

Firefighters scrambled to reports of a fire at Portsmouth flats

Firefighters scrambled after reports of smoke and flames seen by passer by at a block of flats in Portsmouth


Hampshire and Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue Service received the call shortly after 8.30pm, after a passer by raised the alarm after seeing flames and smoke from a balcony of a block of flats in Landport, Portsmouth.


The flat situated on the top floor of Darwin House, Landport saw crews from Southsea, Cosham and Portchester deployed. 


On arrival fire crews gained access the the block and discovered that the smoke was caused by a barbecue that was being used on the balcony.


A stop call came through at 8.47pm and crews returned to their stations.