Further arrests made in connection with serious assault investigation in Southampton

handcuffs3_113.jpg

Officers investigating a serious assault that took place in Southampton on Monday, 11 October have made two further arrests.

A 15-year-old boy from Southampton has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, possession with intent to supply Class B drugs – cannabis and possession of a firearm without a certificate.

A 40-year-old woman from Southampton has been arrested on suspicion of possession of a firearm without a certificate.

Both remain in custody at this time.

It comes after a man was seriously assaulted on a wooded path leading from Monks Way to Octavia Road in Southampton at 5.10pm on Monday, 11 October.

An 18-year-old man was found to have suffered stab wounds to his torso.

He was taken to hospital and has since been discharged.

Another 15-year-old boy was initially arrested on suspicion of attempted murder.

He has been questioned by officers and released on police bail, with conditions not to enter Monks Way, Pilgrim Place and Octavia Road.

Enquiries into this incident are ongoing and we continue to appeal to anyone who may have witnessed the incident or has any information to get in touch.

Perhaps you were driving in the area on Monday 11 October at around 5pm and have some dash-cam footage?

Anyone with information should call 101 or report via the Hampshire Constabulary website, quoting 44210408824.

Alternatively, you can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, or report via their website.

Officers from the Southampton North Neighbourhood Team will continue to carry out patrols in the area. Please do approach them if you have any questions, concerns, or information that can assist the investigation

You may have missed

Body Found In Search For Missing Andover Man Aidan Bentham Police searching for missing 28-year-old Aidan Bentham from Andover have sadly discovered the body of a man. Officers confirmed the discovery was made this morning (24 May) following ongoing efforts to locate Aidan after he was reported missing earlier this week. Formal identification has not yet taken place, however Aidan’s family have been informed of the development. Hampshire & Isle of Wight Constabulary said a file will now be prepared for the coroner. The tragic update comes after police issued an urgent appeal on Friday amid growing concerns for Aidan’s welfare. In the original appeal, officers said Aidan had last been seen at around 4.30pm on Thursday 22 May. Police described him as being around 5ft 9ins tall, of a chubby build, with short dark hair, a fair complexion and clean shaven. At the time of his disappearance, he was believed to have been wearing a light-coloured top and tracksuit bottoms, although officers said he may since have changed clothing. The appeal prompted widespread sharing across social media as police and Aidan’s family appealed to the public for information which could help trace him. Following today’s discovery, Hampshire & Isle of Wight Constabulary thanked members of the public who shared the earlier appeal and assisted with enquiries during the search operation. The force has now requested that the missing person appeal be removed from public channels. No further details have currently been released.