Renewed appeal for witnesses following house burglary in Portsmouth

127b8f19-1e87-44fd-a0d1-8cedd798a3b7.jpg

You may recall out previous appeal in relation to a house burglary that took place on Sunday (20 March)

 

It was reported to police that at approximately 4pm entry was gained to a property on Victoria Grove while the occupants were out.

 

A number of high value items, including bags and jewellery, and a large quantity of cash were taken.

 

Officers are continuing enquiries to identify and locate the person responsible.

 

CCTV enquiries have provided officers with this image of a man police would like to speak to in connection with this incident.

 

He was seen in the area at the time. We know it is not the best quality and that the man’s face is covered, however officers are hoping the image may jog the memory of anyone who may have been in the area at the time.

 

The man pictured has been described as white and wearing a high visibility jacket and a baseball cap.

 

Police would like to hear from anyone who was in the area who recognises this man, or may have seen what happened or anything suspicious.

 

Perhaps you live in the area and may have Ring Doorbell footage of the area at the time?

Maybe you were driving through the area and may have Dashcam footage that could assist the police investigation?

Anyone with information is asked to call 101 quoting 44220111009. Alternatively, go online and submit information via the following form: https://orlo.uk/2ADyr

You may have missed

Body Found In Search For Missing Andover Man Aidan Bentham Police searching for missing 28-year-old Aidan Bentham from Andover have sadly discovered the body of a man. Officers confirmed the discovery was made this morning (24 May) following ongoing efforts to locate Aidan after he was reported missing earlier this week. Formal identification has not yet taken place, however Aidan’s family have been informed of the development. Hampshire & Isle of Wight Constabulary said a file will now be prepared for the coroner. The tragic update comes after police issued an urgent appeal on Friday amid growing concerns for Aidan’s welfare. In the original appeal, officers said Aidan had last been seen at around 4.30pm on Thursday 22 May. Police described him as being around 5ft 9ins tall, of a chubby build, with short dark hair, a fair complexion and clean shaven. At the time of his disappearance, he was believed to have been wearing a light-coloured top and tracksuit bottoms, although officers said he may since have changed clothing. The appeal prompted widespread sharing across social media as police and Aidan’s family appealed to the public for information which could help trace him. Following today’s discovery, Hampshire & Isle of Wight Constabulary thanked members of the public who shared the earlier appeal and assisted with enquiries during the search operation. The force has now requested that the missing person appeal be removed from public channels. No further details have currently been released.