Witness appeal after dog and quad bike are stolen near Axford

10-appeal-1080x700-990x642.jpg

Police are appealing for witnesses and information following a report that a quad bike and a dog were stolen from a property near Axford

 

Between 10.30pm on Saturday 19 March and 6am on Sunday 20 March, a property on Duxford Lane was broken into.

 

A green Honda Foreman quad bike, power tools, batteries and a black female lurcher (pictured) were all taken from the address.

 

Officers have been making enquiries and now turning to the public for help.

 

Were you in the area at the time? Did you see anything suspicious?

 

Do you have any dash-cam or CCTV footage that could help the investigation?

 

This incident is a timely reminder for owners to consider preventative measures that could help deter crime and prevent loss of property; which could include the likes of installing sufficient flood lighting in areas where they keep vehicles or other plant machinery.

 

Likewise, ensuring that any vehicles are kept out-of-sight from the roadside and have been secured with appropriate locks and chains as required.

 

If you have a tracker available that you can fit to the vehicle, this would also help deter would-be opportunists and aid the potential recovery of the vehicle if it is stolen.

 

If anyone has any information relating to the incident mentioned above, please call 101, quoting the reference 44220110623.

 

Alternatively, you can submit information via the following form: https://www.hampshire.police.uk/tua/tell-us-about/cor/tell-us-about-existing-case-report/.

 

Or you can contact Crimestoppers online or by calling anonymously on 0800 555 111.

You may have missed

Body Found In Search For Missing Andover Man Aidan Bentham Police searching for missing 28-year-old Aidan Bentham from Andover have sadly discovered the body of a man. Officers confirmed the discovery was made this morning (24 May) following ongoing efforts to locate Aidan after he was reported missing earlier this week. Formal identification has not yet taken place, however Aidan’s family have been informed of the development. Hampshire & Isle of Wight Constabulary said a file will now be prepared for the coroner. The tragic update comes after police issued an urgent appeal on Friday amid growing concerns for Aidan’s welfare. In the original appeal, officers said Aidan had last been seen at around 4.30pm on Thursday 22 May. Police described him as being around 5ft 9ins tall, of a chubby build, with short dark hair, a fair complexion and clean shaven. At the time of his disappearance, he was believed to have been wearing a light-coloured top and tracksuit bottoms, although officers said he may since have changed clothing. The appeal prompted widespread sharing across social media as police and Aidan’s family appealed to the public for information which could help trace him. Following today’s discovery, Hampshire & Isle of Wight Constabulary thanked members of the public who shared the earlier appeal and assisted with enquiries during the search operation. The force has now requested that the missing person appeal be removed from public channels. No further details have currently been released.