Axford

You may have missed

Body Found In Search For Missing Andover Man Aidan Bentham Police searching for missing 28-year-old Aidan Bentham from Andover have sadly discovered the body of a man. Officers confirmed the discovery was made this morning (24 May) following ongoing efforts to locate Aidan after he was reported missing earlier this week. Formal identification has not yet taken place, however Aidan’s family have been informed of the development. Hampshire & Isle of Wight Constabulary said a file will now be prepared for the coroner. The tragic update comes after police issued an urgent appeal on Friday amid growing concerns for Aidan’s welfare. In the original appeal, officers said Aidan had last been seen at around 4.30pm on Thursday 22 May. Police described him as being around 5ft 9ins tall, of a chubby build, with short dark hair, a fair complexion and clean shaven. At the time of his disappearance, he was believed to have been wearing a light-coloured top and tracksuit bottoms, although officers said he may since have changed clothing. The appeal prompted widespread sharing across social media as police and Aidan’s family appealed to the public for information which could help trace him. Following today’s discovery, Hampshire & Isle of Wight Constabulary thanked members of the public who shared the earlier appeal and assisted with enquiries during the search operation. The force has now requested that the missing person appeal be removed from public channels. No further details have currently been released.