10-appeal-1080x700-990x642.jpg

Officers from Hampshire and Isle of Wight Constabulary are appealing for witnesses and information following a burglary in Shootash that occurred late on the night of 10 September.

Between 11:45pm on 10 September and 12:15am on 11 September, a property on Salisbury Road was broken into. The burglars stole several garden tools, including a chainsaw and a strimmer.

Additionally, a gun cabinet at the property was accessed, and two shotguns and an air rifle, all legally registered to the owner, were taken.

Police have been conducting enquiries and are now asking for the public’s help. Officers are particularly keen to hear from anyone who was on the A27/Salisbury Road during the time of the incident and may have witnessed any suspicious activity.

Additionally, anyone with dashcam footage from the area during that time is urged to come forward.

If you have any information, please contact Hampshire Police on 101, quoting reference number 44240390165.

Alternatively, information can be submitted online via the Hampshire Police website.

For those who wish to remain anonymous, the independent charity Crimestoppers can be reached on 0800 555 111, or via their anonymous online at https://crimestoppers-uk.org

You may have missed

Body Found In Search For Missing Andover Man Aidan Bentham Police searching for missing 28-year-old Aidan Bentham from Andover have sadly discovered the body of a man. Officers confirmed the discovery was made this morning (24 May) following ongoing efforts to locate Aidan after he was reported missing earlier this week. Formal identification has not yet taken place, however Aidan’s family have been informed of the development. Hampshire & Isle of Wight Constabulary said a file will now be prepared for the coroner. The tragic update comes after police issued an urgent appeal on Friday amid growing concerns for Aidan’s welfare. In the original appeal, officers said Aidan had last been seen at around 4.30pm on Thursday 22 May. Police described him as being around 5ft 9ins tall, of a chubby build, with short dark hair, a fair complexion and clean shaven. At the time of his disappearance, he was believed to have been wearing a light-coloured top and tracksuit bottoms, although officers said he may since have changed clothing. The appeal prompted widespread sharing across social media as police and Aidan’s family appealed to the public for information which could help trace him. Following today’s discovery, Hampshire & Isle of Wight Constabulary thanked members of the public who shared the earlier appeal and assisted with enquiries during the search operation. The force has now requested that the missing person appeal be removed from public channels. No further details have currently been released.