Police are appealing for witnesses following a series of burglaries in Woolston, Southampton that took place on Saturday night and into the early hours of Sunday morning (29 and 30 January)
The incidents are as follows:
- On Saturday, at 11pm, at Jewson builders’ merchants in St Annes Road, a window was smashed to gain entry and a nail gun worth £450 was stolen.
- On Saturday, at 11.36pm, a member of the public noticed the front window of Woolston Barbers in The Colonnade, Bridge Road, had been smashed. A brick was used to gain entry and four hair clippers and the contents of the till, around £130, were among items stolen.
- At around 12.35am on Sunday, officers attended the Carers Together charity shop in Victoria Road, where a window of the main door was broken to gain entry. Several silver rings and rare antique coins were among items stolen.
- Police were flagged down at 01.08am on Sunday at Annie’s café in Portsmouth Road by a member of the public. The door window was smashed to gain entry and money was taken from the till. It appeared that attempts were also made to remove the safe.
- On Sunday, at 1.01am, officers attended The Foundation of Light, Spirituality and Arts in Victoria Road. A window had been damaged but was not broken into and nothing was stolen.
- On Sunday, at 2.12am, we attended The Cryshop in Victoria Road. It also had a window damaged by something being thrown at it. The shop was not broken into and nothing was stolen.
Inspector Charlie Ilderton of the Southampton East Neighbourhood Policing Team, said: “This incident may have caused concern among businesses in Woolston and I would like to reassure them we are working hard to find the person responsible.
“We would urge anyone who saw what happened, or may have dash cam or CCTV footage taken in the area at the times mentioned, to please contact us.”
Anyone with information can report online or by calling 101, quoting 44220040159.
You can also call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
For advice on how to keep burglars out of your business, go to https://www.hampshire.police.uk/cp/crime-prevention/keeping-business-safe-from-crime/keep-burglars-out-business/