Hampshire Incidents

Bringing you breaking news from across Hampshire and the Isle of Wight

Firefighters called to house fire Chichester Road, Portsmouth

Electrical fault sparked a cupboard fire at a terraced house this morning.

Firefighters were called at 07.41 am to a house in Chichester Road, Portsmouth.

2 aplliances attended the blaze which had been extinguished prior to arrival.

A spokeswoman for Hampshire and Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue Service said: ‘A small electrical fire in a cupboard was out on arrival and crews handed out fire safety leaflets to neighbouring properties before leaving the scene at 8.16am.’