Hampshire Incidents

Bringing you breaking news from across Hampshire and the Isle of Wight

Lithium battery causes house fire near Andover

Firefighters were called to a house fire caused by a lithium battery in Upper Clatford earlier this morning


Crews from Andover, Whitchurch, Eastleigh and one from Dorset and Wiltshire FRS were called at 11:18am, arriving to find smoke issuing from the roof of the two-storey property.


The blaze in the first-floor bedroom was stopped using one hose reel and one jet, with firefighters wearing four sets of breathing apparatus.


Firefighters delivered community safety leaflets to neighbouring properties before leaving the scene at 12:21pm.