Hampshire Incidents

Bringing you breaking news from across Hampshire and the Isle of Wight

Man rescued by firefighters after fire breaks out in oven in Bishop’s Waltham

Bishop’s Waltham fire started in the oven


A man was rescued by firefighters and treated for smoke inhalation following a fire caused by cooking.


On-call crews from Bishop’s Waltham, Droxford and Botley were called to a flat in Campion Drive at 00:56 on Monday (14 February) after a smoke alarm was heard sounding in the property.


On arrival, smoke could be seen coming from the flat. Firefighters entered wearing breathing apparatus to rescue one male who was conscious and breathing.


A fire in the oven was extinguished and a ventilation fan was used to clear smoke.


The man was treated at the scene but did not need to go to hospital.


Post-incident safety activity was carried out and the stop message was received at 02:04.