Hampshire Incidents

Bringing you breaking news from across Hampshire and the Isle of Wight

Southampton crews extinguish flat fire caused by electrical fault

Firefighters were called shortly after 6am this morning to a first-floor flat on Portsmouth Road, where smoke was issuing



Crews from St Mary’s Redbridge and Eastleigh were on the scene, as well as the aerial ladder platform.


Police were also on the scene to manage the traffic.


The fire involving the first-floor and roof top was extinguished by firefighters wearing four sets of breathing apparatus and using one hose reel and two jets.


The blaze was caused by an electrical fault.


Crews conducted Safe & Well visits to nearby properties and delivered community safety leaflets before leaving the scene at 8:43.​