Hampshire Incidents

Bringing you breaking news from across Hampshire and the Isle of Wight

Firefighters called to Paulsgrove bedroom blaze

Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service received a call yesterday (Monday 1 August) to a fire which had started within the bedroom of the flat

Appliances from Cosham and Portchester responded to the fire in Braintree Road, Paulsgrove at 12.23 pm

Upon arrival firefighters found smoke issuing from the Bedroom on the first floor of the property, they then found a casualty who was suffering smoke inhalation.

The casualty was treated by HIWFRS before he was passed into the care of South Central Ambulance Service Paramedics.

The fire was extinguished using two sets of breathing apparatus, one hose reel, one jet and ventilation fans used to clear the smoke.

HIWFRS crews conducted community safety visits to neighbouring properties before leaving the scene at 13:53.