Hampshire Incidents

Bringing you breaking news from across Hampshire and the Isle of Wight

Firefighters tackle tumble dryer blaze on Hampshire-Berkshire border

Tadley firefighters were joined by crews from Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service on Saturday afternoon at a residential property fire on Sopers Lane in Padworth.


With the fire contained within the first-floor laundry room, two firefighters wearing sets of breathing apparatus extinguished the blaze using a hose reel before ventilation fans were used to clear smoke.


The incident was handed over to the site’s manager before crews returned to their stations at 16:47.


Register your household electrical appliances so that manufacturers can easily get in touch if there is a problem, fault or danger with a product you’ve brought.